Tuesday, September 2, 2008

We Can

We can, if I we can't lets quit.
My preferred Team, "Taking Advantage of Being at Tech". I have many ideas and thoughts concerning this topic/concept from: getting an education vs a degree, to the value of an education, which conflates largely into the the ability/opportunity of a college education in comparison to youth in our country that want to college and to youth in other countries that literally die trying to get into our country. I think we would be amiss not to address this possible rhetorical tool to communicate the gift of college before these freshman and try to tear down this idea of entitlement.
In light of this last comment I already have a group of South African students preparing answers to a survey focussed on this topic in hopes to juxtapose this idea of complacency/entitlement of freshmen at Tech with a group of students that are thirsty, dying and dreaming of the opportunity to be a freshmen at any college or university. I am forming the survey now and will love input and suggestions on it.
I realize my scope is limited all suggestions and thoughts are welcome.
Please advise. Thanks.

1 comment:

Rich said...

Good work, Justin. Quitting is no good. You have ideas here, and they are very valuable. I'll put you down for the "Taking" group. Nice thinking about complacency vs. entitlement, and how one can lead to another with this audience.