Well the best way to learn grammar is to use it. Most people have grammar drilled into them during High School and yet the lessons are so removed that they don't know how to correctly utilize the knowledge they've been given. As a class I think we could all benefit from learning grammar in a move meaningful way and we can definitely incorporate this into the overall goals of the class.
I'm with Zach on not going down the essay/paper route, but having a more literate city and community is a good idea. We could highlight Literacy Lubbock in our portfolio.
Right on...errors like that are such a distraction...knowing what to edit for & how to spot mistakes would only serve us better, make us look professional and serious about what we focus on...basics never go out of style...
I think we could work on grammar by structuring the class similar to the Senior Seminar all English majors are required to take. We could take old works and tweak them in order to better prepare our portfolio we are required to organize for Senior Seminar. This would help us better prepare, so our last semester is not filled with so much chaos trying to find and correct old works.
10 comments:
I would have to agree. Working on grammar would make it easier to write papers, as well as help us later on in the future.
But how would we work on it?
Should we write papers for other classes or come up with themes for this class?
Grammar is useful to learn, but we need ideas on how to work on it.
Interesting idea...although I'm not entirely sure on what exactly you wanting to know in terms of expanding upon your grammar....
I would like to work on grammar as well. Should we write more papers or keep a journal and see how we've improved throughout the semester?
What kind of project would you want to do? I think i would rather not write essays if we have the opportunity to skip out on that.
Well the best way to learn grammar is to use it. Most people have grammar drilled into them during High School and yet the lessons are so removed that they don't know how to correctly utilize the knowledge they've been given. As a class I think we could all benefit from learning grammar in a move meaningful way and we can definitely incorporate this into the overall goals of the class.
I'm with Zach on not going down the essay/paper route, but having a more literate city and community is a good idea. We could highlight Literacy Lubbock in our portfolio.
Right on...errors like that are such a distraction...knowing what to edit for & how to spot mistakes would only serve us better, make us look professional and serious about what we focus on...basics never go out of style...
I think we could work on grammar by structuring the class similar to the Senior Seminar all English majors are required to take. We could take old works and tweak them in order to better prepare our portfolio we are required to organize for Senior Seminar. This would help us better prepare, so our last semester is not filled with so much chaos trying to find and correct old works.
I think we all would...
Grammar should be ingrained within this course regardless of what we do for a project. Good idea.
Post a Comment